Clearly, the original iPhone 4.0 wallpaper doesn’t deserve much coverage – it’s only a wallpaper, after all –, but Apple fans undoubtedly love the idea of getting some 4.0 goodness onto their OS 3.x-enabled devices, even if it’s just a low-res, 320x480 wallpaper. We did the same with the original iPad wallpaper well before the device had been released, and the feedback was impressive.
If you were wondering how we got hold of the wallpaper in question, as some have already guessed, a kind developer leaked the image to the Internet, making it available for everyone to grab and sync to their iPhone or iPod touch.
9to5mac is the hero, this time around, reporting, “Here's the rain drops wallpaper for your usage pleasure as seen in today's Stevenote. I know I was dying for it, so I'm sure you were too.” You can easily grab it by clicking on the image above to expand it to its full size. Just drag it to your desktop, or right-click it and choose “save image.”
In order to set it as your current wallpaper on your iPhone or iPod touch, follow these steps:
1. Download raindrops image to computer and save it to the location you generally sync photos from
2. Connect iPhone via USB to your Mac or PC
3. Launch iTunes and wait for the program to recognize your device
4. Select your device in the left pane and navigate to the “Photos” tab
5. Check/tick the “Sync photos from” box, then select the directory in which you saved your image
6. Wait for the iPhone to finish the sync (which may include a backup process)
7. Disconnect your device
8. On your iPhone / iPod touch go to: Settings -> Wallpaper and select the gallery containing your newly saved image
10. Once located, tap on the image (move around or scale if you wish) and hit “set”
For more iPhone 4.0 coverage, hit up this tag here.
Download Original iPhone 4.0 Wallpaper for Your 3.x Device
A small piece of OS 4.0 is already available to the public