Fedora 12 is powered by Linux kernel 2.6.31, and it includes the KDE 4.3 and GNOME 2.28 desktop environments. Just like Mandriva, the Fedora developers introduced support for Moblin, as well as improved power management and webcam support, audio/video codec support and many more!
GNOME Shell is also available for testing, in the default software repository, and it will offer a preview of how GNOME 3 will look like!
Fedora 12 GNOME Live desktop
Highlights of Fedora 12:
· Linux Kernel 18.104.22.168;
· Dracut, the new booting system;
· Plymouth graphical boot splash;
· KDE 4.3.2;
· GNOME 2.28.0;
· New artwork;
· Empathy Instant Messenger;
· Moblin support;
· Better webcam support;
· Spanning desktop support;
· Improved HD video codecs;
· Network Manager mobile broadband for GSM networks;
· EXT4 is the default filesystem;
· x86 optimized for the Intel Atom processors (compiled for i686);
· RPM XZ compression;
· Guest virtual machines for KVM;
· Automatic bug reporting tool (ABRT);
· New NetworkManager with better IPv6 and Mobile Broadband support;
· Improved power management support;
· Support for Intel BIOS-RAID;
· Better support for Intel hardware;
· Clustered Samba support;
· Improved PulseAudio;
· Improved PackageKit;
· Improved KVM virtualization;
· Fedora Studio;
· BSoD (Bluetooth Service On Demand);
· NetBeans 6.7;
· Ogg Theora 1.1.0;
· PolicyKit 1.0;
· Improved SystemTap.
Fedora 12 KDE4 Boot Splash
Fedora 12 KDE4 Live desktop
There are many other interesting features in Fedora 12, so make sure you check out the official announcement for Fedora 12.
Download Fedora 12 DVD right now from Softpedia.
Download Fedora 12 GNOME Live CD right now from Softpedia.
Download Fedora 12 KDE4 Live CD right now from Softpedia.