Should become available in summerMotorola's latest mobile phone powered by the Android operating system, the Motorola CHARM, has been officially announced as being set to make an appearance on T-Mobile's airwaves. Running under Google's Android 2.1 operating system, the new Motorola CHARM sports Motorola's MOTOBLUR user interface, as well as a compact design and a BACKTRACK feature meant to make screen navigation more intuitive. The new mobile phone should become available for purchase in the US during summer, exclusively via T-Mobile.
“Motorola strives to provide an increased customizable user experience, which is enabled by our latest enhancements to MOTOBLUR and featured on the new Motorola CHARM,” said Jean Pierre Le Cannellier, vice president, Americas Marketing, Motorola Mobile Devices. “Combine that with a compact design, easy handling and all the features you would expect from a smartphone, and we believe that CHARM with MOTOBLUR adds the social ability and workability consumers are looking for.”
The specifications list of Motorola CHARM includes a 2.8 inch touchscreen, complemented by a full QWERTY keyboard in a candybar form factor, a BACKTRACK navigation pad, which has been placed on the back of the device, a 3-megapixel photo snapper and KODAK PERFECT TOUCH technology for better pictures, not to mention new customization and filtering options via the Android 2.1 operating system and enhanced MOTOBLUR features.
Additional features on Motorola CHARM include:
- Adobe Flash enabled Web browsing experience to view most of today’s content-rich sites
- Full suite of Google services including: Google Search, Google Maps, Gmail and access to thousands of apps on Android Market
- Pinch to zoom functionality and two-finger swipe to easily surf the Web and sort through photos
- One-touch social media uploads to Facebook, MySpace, Picasa and PhotoBucket
- CrystalTalk PLUS for enhanced audio and call quality with a second microphone for increased voice quality while filtering out background noise
- Corporate email pushed immediately to the device for instant inbox updates
According to Motorola, the CHARM would be the first handset on the United States market to include an enhanced version of MOTOBLUR based on the Android 2.1 platform. Syncing of contacts, posts, messages, and photos is much easier now, regardless the source (Facebook, MySpace, Twitter, Gmail, work and personal e-mail). The user interface also comes with pre-loaded home screen widgets, a wide range of customization features, and much more.