Today, leading mobile discovery provider Shazam announced a partnership with South Korean mobile phone maker LG Electronics, which would result in the pre-loading of its mobile application on all LG Android handsets brought to the market starting with the LG Optimus GT540.According to Shazam, it already has a number of more than 75 million users, and should reach en more customers with the new agreement.
A wide range of features would become available for LG smartphone customers via Shazam’s feature-rich Android application, including:
- Discover new music: identify the song that is playing with the option to buy the track.
- Learn more about music: read track and album reviews, artist biographies and discographies, plus view song lyrics.
- Find out the most popular tagged music with the Shazam Tag Chart.
- Find tour information: local and international tour dates for tagged artists and links to buy tickets to concerts.
- Share music moments with friends through Facebook, Twitter, SMS and email.
- Watch YouTube videos for tagged artists.
- Access the Shazam Blog for leading insight to new music.
The Shazam Android application will become available on LG handsets for free, while sporting a seven day free trial of features from the premium Shazam Encore version, the company announced.
The paid Shazam Encore app is available for £2.99 ($4.70 or €3.63), offering people various premium features, including unlimited tagging.
As for the free version of the application, it offers support for tagging only five songs per month.
Andrew Fisher, CEO of Shazam, commented: “Our aim has always been to deliver a fast, accurate and reliable service to consumers to further enhance the capabilities of their devices.”
“Shazam will bring the most complete music discovery experience to millions more LG smartphone users around the world. We are excited to be working with LG and proud of their vote of confidence in Shazam.”
Specific info on markets and mobile phones that would get the free Shazam Android application will be unveiled in the coming months.