Hacktolive.org announced today, December 29th, yet another version of their Ubuntu-based Linux distribution... with "super powers." Super OS 9.10 (formerly known as Super Ubuntu) includes patches, tools and technologies that are missing from a standard Ubuntu 9.10 (Karmic Koala) default installation. Among the applications present in the brand-new Super OS 9.10 we can notice powerful web browsers such as Google Chrome and Opera; a version of the Mozilla Firefox web browser with the Moonlight and Flash plugins; the VLC player with support for DVD playback and most of today's video and audio formats; a Live USB creator; support for portable applications thanks to the powerful and amazing RUNZ and App Runner utilities, developed by Hacktolive.org.
Differences from Ubuntu 9.10:
· Included over 169 updates for Ubuntu 9.10;
· Added VLC media player, with support for DVD playback, MP3, QuickTime, RealVideo, Windows Media Video, Flash Video, DivX, XviD, and many more;
· Added Adobe Flash Player and Novell Moonlight support in Mozilla Firefox;
· Added aMSN instant messenger (MSN protocol);
· Added Opera and Google Chrome web browsers;
· Added Skype VoIP and chat client;
· Support for portable applications (powered by RUNZ);
· Added App Runner to run programs easier;
· Added File mounter to easily mount tar.gz, zip, rar or iso archives;
· Added support for NTFS filesystems;
· Added Sun Java plugin;
· Added Ubuntu Tweak utility to easily customize your Ubuntu desktop;
· Added GParted application to easily partition your hard drives;
· Disabled system beep;
· Added software repository;
· Added cd2usb, a Live USB creator;
· Included some KDE and QT libraries for easier deployment of programs and portable applications.
Super OS 9.10 is a Linux distribution based on Ubuntu 9.10 (Karmic Koala), it is available only as Live DVD of 1.1 GB in size and can be downloaded right now from Softpedia.