Highlights of SystemRescueCd 1.2.0:
· Updated the standard Linux kernel packages to version 220.127.116.11;
· Updated the alternate Linux kernel packages to version 18.104.22.168;
· Support for the EXT4 and Reiser4 filesystems in Linux kernel 22.214.171.124;
· Support for the Btrfs filesystems in Linux kernel 126.96.36.199;
· Updated the Xorg Server to version 1.5.3;
· Replaced JWM with Xfce4, as the default desktop environment;
· Updated GParted to version 0.4.5 (with improved support for crypt-luks and dmraid);
· Updated FSArchiver to version 0.5.4;
· Updated TestDisk to version 6.11;
· Updated Photorec to version 6.11;
· Updated NTFS3G to version 2009.4.4;
· Updated GNU tar to version 1.22 (with LZMA support).
"A new fsarchiver version comes with this release. This program can be used to clone filesystems: it supports all the linux filesystems, including ext4 and btrfs. It’s also able to clone ntfs partitions. It can restore filesystems to a partition which is smaller than the original. It also comes with many interesting features: the compression is multi-threaded (interesting on multi-cores cpu), and it supports the very high compression algorithm called lzma (very good ratio and not too slow on quad-cores cpus). All the data are checksummed so it can handle corruptions." - said François Dupoux in the official release announcement.
About SystemRescueCdSystemRescueCd, a Linux LiveCD, is a quick and easy way to repair systems and recover data after serious crashes. With tools ranging from partition managers and disk diagnostic mechanisms (like TestDisk and sfdisk) to basic day-to-day applications (text editors, Midnight Commander etc.), as well as support for all important filesystems, SystemRescueCd is a solution that anyone who is experiencing data loss or other system-related problems should consider.
Download SystemRescueCd 1.2.0 right now from Softpedia.